Diagram of the COMPACS®-AE system
Multichannel Digital Hardware Platform
The hardware of the COMPACS®-AE system is placed next to the monitoring facility. The AE sensors are mounted on the facility and connected to the acoustic signal modules with a coaxial cable. All the modules are connected in a single chain or ring topology network with a standard UTP-cable. The synchronization of the modules is carried out using the same cable.
The explosion-proof media converters transmit the diagnostic data through fiber-optic lines to the diagnostic station. The hardware is powered from the nearest 220 V substation.
The system has 1ExibIIBT4 explosion protection.
- The smart AE sensor with a current loop output provides high dynamic range (over 80 dB) and selection of proper gain.
- The sensor switches by the system command in the AE transmitter mode. It maintains control for the acoustic connection to the monitoring facility and sensor locations.
- The 8-channel acoustic signal modules provide parallel signal recording, filtering and processing, including amplitude-time selection.
- The modules inter-synchronization ensures the system scalability. Several modules act as a single multi-channel module (up to 64 channels).
- The line and inroute check functions provided in the module ensure full system self-test.
- All system components have high-class explosion protection, anti-vandal protection and industry design for a wide range of climatic conditions. It allows place the hardware next to the monitoring facility.
- The fiber-optical lines provide reliable high-speed connection of the fieldbus with the diagnostic station.
- The detailed design of the system components provides fast and high-quality installation of the system.
The COMPACS®-AE Software
The software is divided into two parts: the server part that performs processing and storage of diagnostic data, and the client part or the terminal that displays the data and implements the user interface.
The multi-platform implementation allows you to use the server part under Linux that provides continuity and stability, and the client part under Windows that provides users with a familiar interface.
The distributed modular architecture allows to combine in one system the various techniques of static and dynamic equipment diagnosis, and to connect multiple terminals.
The multi-threaded signal processing ensures high system performance.
The implementation of the software interface using the 3D graphics based on OpenGL provides high-quality presentation of diagnostics and monitoring results.
The software supports a wide scalability from embedded systems, personal and industrial computers (including panel) to multi-processor server platforms.
The MONITOR mode displays the equipment location map, which allows you to determine the location of acoustic emission signal source.
The section field shows the general condition of all facilities monitored by the system. If you set the cursor on the selected facility, its detailed health state according to the acoustic emission parameters displays on the right part of the screen. The facility state is displayed as a conditional facility image divided into zones with indication of the sensor places (on the left of the screen) and location zone (on the right).
The location zone represents a surface development of the facility (columns, reactors, tanks, pipelines) that is divided into location zones and indicates the zone acoustic activity level. The numeric symbols on the location map denote the number of AE pulses in the location zone.
The upper part of the screen displays the diagnostic features of acoustic emission used to monitor the facility health, namely instantaneous and accumulated values of energy, number of AE pulses, the amplitude of AE pulses, the AE pulses rate and etc.
The cursor automatically sets on the most dangerous zone and, in case of danger the system issues a diagnostic message in text, graphical and verbal form.
The COMPACS®-AE Software - MONITOR Mode
The MACHINEMAN-ELECTRICIAN LOG mode automatically forms the following protocols:
- General Equipment Condition;
- Detailed Equipment Condition;
- Equipment Repair History;
- Repairs Scheduling;
- Unit Equipment in a Certain State;
- Events Recorded in the System Event Log;
- Table of Possible Repair Causes, Repair Works and Replacements.
The COMPACS®-AE Software - LOG Mode
The TREND PLOT mode displays the trends of total pulses, the total pulse energy, temperature and its rate of change, linear expansion and its rate of change, local deformation and its location temperature.
The trends of local deformation at various points allow us to estimate the magnitude of the stress-strain state of the vessel or pipeline material. The trends of temperature and linear strain, and their rates of growth characterize the operating modes. The absolute values of parameters do often not exceed the levels specified by the vessel or pipeline operating regulations, while the gradients of the controlled parameters quite often exceed preset thresholds, which indicates high destructive loads on the equipment.
The total AE signal energy parameter is an adequate indicator of the correctness of the technological process. Even peaks show that the process is steady. Uneven peaks show violations of the technological mode in certain cycle.
AE pulse trend plots from the reactor of the
isomerization unit showing a foreign bodies
in its upper part
AE pulse trend plots from the reactor of
the cyclic operation coking unit
The expert system analyzes information on current parameter values, their time trends and spectral signal characteristics, and automatically interpreters the analysis results in terms of the equipment health.
The system network opportunities are provided with the built-in support for dial-up (telephone) networks that use modems for data transmission, and network protocol support. It is a possible to publish the data on the built-in Web-server that provides an access to the system data for all users equipped with standard software for the Internet work.
The engineering solutions, implemented in the system are protected by patents of the Russian Federation on various intellectual property and the certificates on official registration of computer programs.